Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Heart Attack Scare

I ended up leaving work today at noon, and heading over to the local ER. I had been trying to ignore low-grade but constant chest pain since about 10:30 last night, and at 11:45 AM, I quit trying.

They have come to the conclusion that there is nothing wrong with my heart, which is good news.

The bad news?

It's "just" stress, which is a whole hell of a lot harder to treat. I'm supposed to stay home from work the next two days and rest.

Rest. And how does one do that with a pregnant daughter about to pop, another daughter with Asperger's and hyperemotionalism, a workaholic husband with cancer who isn't doing too well emotionally himself, and a mother who is fast becoming senile enough to be transferred to a nursing home?

I feel like I am really losing my grip, here. And despite spending an afternoon at the hospital trying to sort things out, I still don't feel good.

I desperately need to de-stress, but...how?

If the roads are in decent shape tomorrow, perhaps I will drive to the ocean...

No comments: