Thursday, January 13, 2011

Future a tad less uncertain...

Hubby's surgical consult today went as well as one could hope, given the circumstances, if I can believe what he tells me. (He would not allow me to accompany him, so I stayed at work and waited for his phone call.)

We have been extraordinarily lucky. The cancer was detected at such an early stage, surgery should be able to get it all out, and there will most likely be no radiation or chemo to contend with.

They say any side effects from the surgery are just temporary and will resolve within six months to a year.

Phew!

It's not going to be a walk in the park, but it's not going to be a total horror, either, and early demise is not part of the equation.

My frustration now is simply that I cannot just quit my job and deal solely with things on the home front. Work seems trivial by comparison. Damn.

Advance blessings on my dear music friends. You've all pulled me through tough times before, and I know I can count on you now, too...

No comments: