Sunday, February 20, 2011

Free Sunday Morning!

I had some alone time today, and dove right back into the recording process, and implemented some of the changes I notated in yesterday's entry.

I recorded each track straight and added reverb during the mixdown, and I took a relaxed pace. Just because I can play a song faster doesn't mean I should.

I've spent a lot of years mucking about with the hymn "Wondrous Love," trying to get a version of it documented to my own satisfaction.

This one comes closest of any I've done so far.

I've been working on this hymn for twenty years now, in one form or other, and will continue trying to hone it down as close to perfection as is humanly possible. It's a worthy piece of music, and has long been a favorite of mine.

It's not my vocals that disappointed me this time, but a little bit of faltering in one of the guitar parts, which most people probably wouldn't notice, but to me sticks out like the proverbial sore thumb. I won't even mention where it is in the piece. If it's obvious to you, the listener, please say so, 'cause I'm curious: is it, or isn't it?

Your opinions will not change my decision whether to re-record or not. I'm going to do it again, anyway, 'cause I wouldn't feel right about it if I didn't try to do better.

For this first take, though, I am pleased enough, and hope you will enjoy it, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are beautiful. thank you su