Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Remember Me?

Yes, I've been gone awhile. Not a whole hell of a lot to say, it seems. I'm finally back at work again after a lengthier layoff than anyone anticipated, so "free time" is rather scant.

Today, getting ready for a memorial service in a few days, I started practicing. I'm doing an old folk hymn, accompanying myself on guitar, as a prelude. I'll be playing guitar in public for the first time in years, and I am planning on using my "Crossroads Guitar," aka the Steel Beast. It looks like this, only mine has been "well loved" and is a bit tarnished. I need to get some pictures of me with mine.

I may have started out having a practice session this afternoon, but ended up having a recording session  instead, and Parting Friends is the result of that. At the memorial service, it will be just me and my guitar, but on the recording I have done three vocal lines and two guitar parts. Overall, I'm really pleased with how it came out.

If you decide to have a listen, I hope you enjoy it.

Now I'm exhausted and heading for slumberland!

No comments: