Sunday, May 20, 2012

Too Awesome Not To Share!

Fervently hoping it's OK to share this link, but it must be, since it was shared by the artist, on Facebook late last week.

I saw Timothy C. Holehouse play last year in Bethel, CT and Northampton, MA, respectively. He and my friend Malcolm were doing a little tour together, with Tim opening for Mal. I loved his rough acoustic blues, so when he posted his Soundcloud link this week, I was eager to check it out.

This is a total departure from what I heard him do in concert. It's all instrumental, with voice thrown in for a bit on a couple of tracks. Although there are words, the voice is just one little thread in the complex texture of the work. Each piece starts small, and builds...and builds.

The more I listen to it, the more I love it, and I rank it as high as my favorite Godspeed You! Black Emperor album, Yanqui U.X.O., and I am dying to listen to it in the dark, with headphones.

Tim intends to release this on vinyl as a double album, and is searching for a label. I mention this in case someone who might be able to help him happens to stumble on to this blog and read this post.

Everyone else, please settle back and relax for awhile, and treat yourself to a listen. I swear I hear something different every time I play it.

And I really have to plug in some headphones sometime tomorrow, and see what other details I might be missing by not listening that intimately...

No comments: